Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/Pain in side of feet/lower leg spasms

QUESTION: For about a year I have had pain in the side of my feet. An orthopedic surgeon referred to it as the insertional peroneal tendon. The pain is generally worst while sitting still or standing for extended lengths of time. Additionally, preceding the pain, the muscles around my lower leg (below the knees) go into small spasms in random places. The pain came on gradually with no immediate cause. I am 20 years old. Before my injury I was running and swimming a lot. In swimming, I was going primarily side stroke. I have ceased to do running/swimming since the pain has come on. A chiropractor told me that my pelvis is tilted. What do you believe might be the cause of my pain? And what do you recommend for treatment?

ANSWER: Dear Ben
The details that have been given are not sufficient Ben. Any how i wonder weather you having plantar faciitis. But you have mentioned about muscle spasm in your calf. So could you please answer the below.
1. Do you have prolong back ache.
2. Are you a heavy smoker.
3. Do you have recent injury to your lower limb mean to your calf area or to ypuir feet

Please reply so that I just try to give you a reasonable answer.
Thank you.

QUESTION: I do have a small amount of back pain and generally poor posture. I do not smoke. I have no acute injuries.

Dear Ben,
Then I think this s plantar Faciitis. Really without palpating and examine it is very difficult to diagnose what it is. So I recommend you to go to a physio and ask whether you having this or not. If you have he would start the treatment with ultra sound therapy.
Thank you.

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara

I can answer any physiotherapy related conditions.such as, 1. Any Orthopaedic condition. 2. Rheumatological conditions. 3. Neurological conditions. 4. Respiratory conditions. 5. Paediatric conditions. 6. Soft tissue managements. 7. Pr and post operative management.

I am Sri Lanka Medical Council registered physiotherapist. I have completed the Diploma in Physiotherapy in School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, Colombo in 2004. I have done my Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy in Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India in 2006. I specialize in paediatric, Orthopaedic and Neurological conditions.

1. Advanced level- Bio Science stream. 2. Diploma in Physiotherapy-School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy,Colombo, Sri Lanka. 3. Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy- Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India. 4. Bachelor of Information Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.