Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/acl tear

QUESTION: Sir , before 4 months i felldown and have pain in my right leg knee.
I took local heat massage therapy and also some pain cure.
But did nt get relieve.
Also my left knee started paining . So i did my MRI by doctor's prescribe. The result is PARTIAL THICKNESS ACL TEAR . Doctor adviced for surgery. My uric acid percentage is 7.9% .  But i dont want surgery . I am unable for the surgery. Is there any way , without surgery ? Plz help me soon...

ANSWER: Dear Ramakant,
Yes if the MRI says it, then there is an ACL tear. Didn't doctor say how many percentage it is?
You have told that you dont want to go for a surgery. Ok then my advice is if the ACL damage is less than 50% then better you can manage it doing the exercises. And you have to give more care about your knee here after. But if the damage is more than 50% then better you for a surgery for your better future. Any how you have to do static Strengthening exercises for your leg and please meet a physio and ask correct way of doing that exercises.
Thank you.

QUESTION: The report says- partial thickness acl tear..
The doctor says it is more than 50%
I can nt understand what to do ?
I want to mail my report to you .
Sir plz give ur mail id to mail my report.
Thanks for ur help...

ok dear,
The reason why I asked you to go for surgery if the damage is more than 50% is,
1. It doesn't give the stability though we do the strengthening exercises.
2. You will face problems when you climb down the stairs.
3. If you keep continued walking with the damage the other structures also in the knee joint would be worst.
4. When you getting older the knee would give more trouble.

So decide what you have to do dear. Ok This is my mail ID.

Thank you.

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara

I can answer any physiotherapy related conditions.such as, 1. Any Orthopaedic condition. 2. Rheumatological conditions. 3. Neurological conditions. 4. Respiratory conditions. 5. Paediatric conditions. 6. Soft tissue managements. 7. Pr and post operative management.

I am Sri Lanka Medical Council registered physiotherapist. I have completed the Diploma in Physiotherapy in School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, Colombo in 2004. I have done my Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy in Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India in 2006. I specialize in paediatric, Orthopaedic and Neurological conditions.

1. Advanced level- Bio Science stream. 2. Diploma in Physiotherapy-School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy,Colombo, Sri Lanka. 3. Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy- Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India. 4. Bachelor of Information Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.