Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/PRP injections

Question
I went to my doctor and got xrays and he said I have a meniscus tear and a possible MCL tear. What are your thoughts on getting PRP injections. I have read about 30-40 articles on the subject on I am finding mixed reviews. Most say it is good for Plantar Facitis and Meniscus tears. What are your thoughts.

Thank you for your time.

Kyle.

Answer
Dear Kyle,
First of all i would like to say you it is so difficult to find out the above mentioned injuries by X ray. At least to perform physical test for identifying those. And it can be confirmed by MRI. Anyhow use and clinical validation of mentioned injection is still in the early stages so I can't tell about it whether it is going to help to heal or not. Anyhow please you consult a orthopaedic surgeon and take an advice.

Thank you.

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara