Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/Shoulder tears

I was wondering if you had any ideas that would save me more surgery.
I have a very bad hip, which I have been on crutches the last 5 years. I just completed
My last surgery(hopefully the last ). My problem is during the last 5 hip surgeries I could
Not be weight bearing at all. This last fall, my shoulders started to act up. I received a cortisone
Shot in each arm. Worked great. After the last surgery in November, the shoulders were terrible
I have tried Pt, and another round of cortisone shots but it has not worked. My pt said I need to get off crutches which will not be for another couple of months. I am not overweight. So could you give me your opinion what are my options other than surgery! I would rather stay away from surgery as I have had 6 surgeries in the last 6 years:) thank you and I will try to enclose mri report.

Sorry to get back to you so late.  Why have you been on crutches that long?  Your shoulder is quite involved.  Is there a way to get off of those?  The reason I ask is because it is causing global problems in the shoulder that really can't be fixed without rest and may be able to avoid surgery but the shoulder really needs to "calm down" to find the bigger problems.  According to the MRI you have multiple different problems.  They are all different in their location and level of damage but the jist of it is arthritis, tendon degeneration, supraspinatus impingement, etc.

Stress off of the shoulders is really needed.  Let me know about the hip.

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

Brian Neville, OTR/L, CWCE

I can answer questions about both conservative and post-operative rehabilitation for UPPER extremity injuries. These include but are not limited to: fractures, tendon repairs, tendon transfers, nerve repairs, lacerations, tenolysis procedures, TFCC injuries, repetitive motion disorders, reconstructive procedures. I have an advanced knowledge of UPPER extremity anatomy and industrial rehabilitation. I have extensive splinting skills for injuries to the upper extremity. Although not a physician or a surgeon I have worked closely with world renowned upper extremity specialists for over 10 years. I can give general information on what some of the most common upper extremity surgeries involve. I can reference those procedures as well. PLEASE DON'T ASK ME QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE NECK, SHOULDER, ARM/HAND. I'M NOT QUALIFIED AND KNOW ABSOLUTELY ZERO ABOUT BACKS/HIPS/KNEES/ANKLES/ETC. THANK YOU!!!

10+ years working closely with orthopedic and hand surgeons and their patients. I have treated patients with small lacerations to major reconstructive procedures. My knowledge base includes both conservative and post-operative rehab protocols and care for upper extremity injuries. I have treated patients all the way from day 1 post-op to return-to-work status.

Kentucky Occupational Therapy Association American Society of Hand Therapy National Nurses in Business Association Roy Matheson and Associates

RSD article

Occupational Therapist former Certified Hand Therapist (license currently inactive) Deep Physical Agent Modalities Instructor Certified Work Capacity Evaluator