Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/muscle injury

"A few weeks ago I was trying to "fight" with a box to close the top of a large quilt to I pushed the box against the cabinets on the floor and reached, I felt/heard a "crunch" in my left upper side, ribs.  I went to my chiropractor who said,,yes, I had injured the ribs, pulled the lower two, and the connecting tissue was spasming.  It was feeling better, and now I'm having pain right under the rib cage on the left side, if I move a certain way, or don't think first...kind of a feeling of the muscle folding over and it this the muscle still injured and will it just eventually heal? Is there anything else I can do other than the chiropractor....I went back two more times, but have not gone in a week, and with the holiday and week schedule, it might be the end of this week.

Dear Liz,
Yes first of all i wish you to get well soon. See, normally if something happen to the rib cage we don't have to do anything rather than getting rest and allow it to heal except if there is no injury to the lungs. So, please get the rest for about 45 days without doing hard work or sports. At the time of the injury you could have applied ice but now it is too late. Any way you give the time it to heal(soft tissue)

Thank you

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara

I can answer any physiotherapy related conditions.such as, 1. Any Orthopaedic condition. 2. Rheumatological conditions. 3. Neurological conditions. 4. Respiratory conditions. 5. Paediatric conditions. 6. Soft tissue managements. 7. Pr and post operative management.

I am Sri Lanka Medical Council registered physiotherapist. I have completed the Diploma in Physiotherapy in School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, Colombo in 2004. I have done my Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy in Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India in 2006. I specialize in paediatric, Orthopaedic and Neurological conditions.

1. Advanced level- Bio Science stream. 2. Diploma in Physiotherapy-School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy,Colombo, Sri Lanka. 3. Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy- Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India. 4. Bachelor of Information Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.