Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/hand injury

ok. this is not a sports injury but your profile mentioned orthopedics so I thought I'd take a chance.

On May 19 of this year I fell and broke my wrist. Now that my cast is off, it is very sore and a bit swollen. Not a lot but a little. And VERY VERY sore.

So do I use ice or heat? The day I went to the emergency room they told me NOT to put ice on it, but friends, neighbors ect keep telling me ice for swelling. So which one is it? I'm confused.

Dear Joyce
you have mentioned that your cast has been off now. Yes I think your fracture may have been healed. After fracture the site can be swollen  and that can be persisted for some period of time. So don't worry. But now it has to commence mobilizing your wrist joint gently. It will help the swelling and the pain to go.
Please meet a physio. Ice is no help now.
Thank you.

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara

I can answer any physiotherapy related conditions.such as, 1. Any Orthopaedic condition. 2. Rheumatological conditions. 3. Neurological conditions. 4. Respiratory conditions. 5. Paediatric conditions. 6. Soft tissue managements. 7. Pr and post operative management.

I am Sri Lanka Medical Council registered physiotherapist. I have completed the Diploma in Physiotherapy in School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, Colombo in 2004. I have done my Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy in Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India in 2006. I specialize in paediatric, Orthopaedic and Neurological conditions.

1. Advanced level- Bio Science stream. 2. Diploma in Physiotherapy-School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy,Colombo, Sri Lanka. 3. Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy- Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India. 4. Bachelor of Information Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.