Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/ankle sprain pain

Hi, I sprained my ankle about 4ish months ago. Had no insurance so didn't go to a doctor. Just iced it. I thought I fully healed already since about a month or more ago I could already run and sprint. But i started noticing that when i put lots of pressure on my ankle like kneeling on my knees and bending backwards or If i press down really hard there will still be some pain on my ankle.

The pain is located on my outer right ankle kind of below the bump that sticks out and spans a few inches down toward the side of my ankle.

Is it still healing or is there something wrong?

Dear Oscar,
Your Lateral ligament of the ankle joint may have damaged. You have done correct thing initially(icing). But I don't know how did you manage after that.
If the damage is bit more dear oscar it takes bit times to heal.(might be two months). But you have to rest your joint with bandaging.
thank you  

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara

I can answer any physiotherapy related conditions.such as, 1. Any Orthopaedic condition. 2. Rheumatological conditions. 3. Neurological conditions. 4. Respiratory conditions. 5. Paediatric conditions. 6. Soft tissue managements. 7. Pr and post operative management.

I am Sri Lanka Medical Council registered physiotherapist. I have completed the Diploma in Physiotherapy in School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, Colombo in 2004. I have done my Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy in Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India in 2006. I specialize in paediatric, Orthopaedic and Neurological conditions.

1. Advanced level- Bio Science stream. 2. Diploma in Physiotherapy-School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy,Colombo, Sri Lanka. 3. Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy- Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India. 4. Bachelor of Information Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.