Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/Left knee pain

Question
I'm 51 years and was in a dance recital two months ago. During one of our rehearsals for our jazz dance I twisted my knee and felt a pop.  It buckled a little but was able to continue dancing. It just felt a little weak  I now have pain when I try to squat all the way down or when I get up in the morning and try to straighten my leg all the way. The pain feels like it is coming from the back of my knee, but when I was on my knees cleaning I had pain at the front of my knee or kneecap also. I did not have any swelling to the front of my knee, but maybe a little in the back. I keep hoping the pain would go away but I still have pain.

Answer
Dear Sheri
You have done wrong thing. If something happen (like twisting) you must stop the whatever you are doing. Never continue the thing. Anyhow I dont feel that you have a major issue. But Take more rest. Dont do any dance again till it get settled. It is better if you do static quadriceps exercise.You may get past recovery
Thank you

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara