Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/Heel spur/plantar faciatis

Question
A few years ago I developed plantar faciatis. The exray also showed a heel spur. I was able to resume running, but recently it has gotten so bad I had to stop.
I am 55, good health. My doc said it is best to avoid surgery and treat the condition other ways. I lost weight, used orthotic inserts, a 'night sock', voltaren, nothing has worked. Actually, the faciitis has improved, but I can almost feel the spot where the heel spur is digging into my heel/tendon. I want to get this removed, and I called around and there are surgeons here that will do this. Do you think I should get the surgery or continue trying non surgical methods? Do you know what the recovery time is from surgery if I get it?

Answer
Dear Barry
In my experience plantar fasciatis can be cured 100% and my techniques have been given remarkable improvement. But sorry to say that if there is a calcaneal spur ,I dont think it can be cured. Surgical intervention can be done but it comes again after sometimes.(I answer this question totally according to my experiences.)
Thank you.

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara