Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/mallet finger recovery

Question
I received a mallet finger injury in Feb.  I went to the dr. the day it happened and was put in a splint, which I wore for 6 wks. without taking it off, when the dr. took it off, it bent again, so they had me wear it 2 more weeks.  Then they had me take it off.  Yes it is stiff and painful at times, but I exercise it daily hoping it will work out any problems. I only splint it at night, not during the day.  My problem now is my whole hand goes numb, while driving or fishing and I have occasional shooting pains that feel like electrical shocks that shoot through my hand.  Is this normal in rehabbing this or is there something else going on?

Answer
Dear LouAnn,
I don't know how did you get this injury? while playing or..............? The Extensor Digitorum tendon may be stretched or can be rupture. Unfortunately if it has been ruptured the the pain can be there.
Please see if you can extend the last digit of your affected finger the tendon is intact. If so gentle mobilization will be more helpful. Please meet a physio.
Thank you.  

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara