Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/pain in lower abs

Question
sir,
i am 21year old man. i started weightlifting 2years ago.
i am suffering from pinching like pain in my right side of lower abdomen whenever i lift.
i thought it can be hernia but i saw no mark of bulge or bump appearing on my abdomen when i cough or i lift and when my doctor diagnosed me then he also told that it is not hernia. he couldnt tell me what was it he said it can be due to tearing of abs muscle.
and adviced me to take rest and use gym supporter everytym.
i used to wear gym supprter while lifting and after his advice i use it daily and i remove it at night. i took rest for nearly 1month but still pain hasnt subsided. yesterday i felt even more intensity pain when i was laughing(it was like needle is pricking inside my abs on right side of my navel).
is it case of navel displacement? what should i do?i tried massaging and hot compress over it for 1week. please help me sir as i want to start lifting as soon as i can.

Answer
Dear Rish,
There can be two reason here.
1. Abdominal muscle tear.
2. Disc bulge at the thoracic vertebral level.
In your case I feel that you having a problem with your back(Thoracic vertebral level). Since when you laugh it is more. So please don't do the many kind of remedies. you consult a neurosurgeon and exclude the back problem then we discuss the needed solution.
Thank you.

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara