Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/pain or strech in metacarpal region

QUESTION: I am having pain or stiffness(not sure) feeling in my metacarpal region(along the bone) of right  hand and left hand . is it possible to get this from overstretching of fingers while typing (my keyboard is sometimes far from me)? Is it a rsi .How can i know what it is . is it weakness.

ANSWER: It is better if you mention the correct place where you have the pain. It will be easy to give a accurate answer. I feel this is a work related problem. Pl be kind enough to mention your age too.
Thank you.

QUESTION: age 23
hand metacarpal region
i am not sure that is pain,stiffness or some other thing . Can anxiety,stress affect the area like blood vessels,nerves etc

Yes, This mayn't be a major issue. I now feel that this is directly work related. Follow the below things.
1. While you type times to times bend and stretch your all the fingers.
2. it is better meet  physiotherapist and get ultra sound treatment followed by mobilization of all the joints in the hand.
3.And there is a particular exercise for strength the interossei.
Then you will get a good recovery.
Thank you.    

QUESTION: Is is weakness or rsi or something due to stress,anxiety

Dear Shre,
I feel that you are in a stress condition for some reason. Yes body pain may come but most of the time stress causes to disturbance of sleep, loss of appetite but not more the increases of pain. Anyhow if you are in a problem please tell it to somebody from that you can release your pressure and may get a solution too. Anyhow as I told early please meet a physio and get a ultra sound treatment for best result.(If you have any problem please don't hesitate to e  mail me.)
Thank you.  

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara

I can answer any physiotherapy related conditions.such as, 1. Any Orthopaedic condition. 2. Rheumatological conditions. 3. Neurological conditions. 4. Respiratory conditions. 5. Paediatric conditions. 6. Soft tissue managements. 7. Pr and post operative management.

I am Sri Lanka Medical Council registered physiotherapist. I have completed the Diploma in Physiotherapy in School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, Colombo in 2004. I have done my Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy in Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India in 2006. I specialize in paediatric, Orthopaedic and Neurological conditions.

1. Advanced level- Bio Science stream. 2. Diploma in Physiotherapy-School of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy,Colombo, Sri Lanka. 3. Advanced Diploma in Physiotherapy- Command Hospital Indian Air Force, Bangalore, India. 4. Bachelor of Information Technology, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka.