Physical Rehabilitation Medicine/partial ACL tear and type 3 meniscus injury

Question
Hi, first of all i have had myself checked by two doctors and have done all the exams that i was required to, im here just to seek a 3rd opinion, so i do high impact workouts such as insanity and i am pretty aware of how to take care of my muscles and knees, a few months ago i fell and twisted my leg and started having tendon pains and knee pains i went to get it checked i did an x ray of it and other exams i was completely fine i was prescribed some esteroid shot and some vitamins to deal with the liquid and the pain, i rested for a month and a half,and i started working out again, i had no problem with my knee nor did i feel any pain however sometimes on random ocassions and random activities i would get like a sensibility in that knee (the right one) i had a magnetic resonance done and turns out i have a partial acl tear and a type 3 meniscus tear, my doctor said that since it is selective that i can avoid surgery by going to therapy and strengthening my quadricep, in my therapy sessions and i do like an hour or more of isometric excercises everyday, since i dont feel any type of pain i dont know if im getting any better, i wanted to know if you agree with my diagnosis or if you recommend anything so i can speed up my recovery thank you in advance i will be waiting for your response

Answer
Dear Yiliana,
If you have partial tear of the ACL(below 40%) you better avoid a surgery. But you have to continue doing strenghthening exercises regularly. Once the Quadriceps and Hamstring are strong the impact which comes to the knee joint would be reduced. While you may get pain in stepping up and down. But my openion is if you care your knee from further twisting you will be ok.NB: Please concern about your body weight. If it is ideal range the pressure comes to the knee joint is less.
Thank you

Physical Rehabilitation Medicine

MMA Ravindu Bandara