Physics/Energy in time warp

thirdimage wrote at 2009-12-17 03:13:41
Think of light (photons) as packets of wave energy, and mass (atoms) as a container that traps this energy. The container can have more or less energy depending on how much of an excited state it's in. For example, if you heat up something, you're filling up its atoms with energy. However, these atoms (containers) can only hold so much energy before they break down and burn (die). When you see fire, what you are seeing are the burning atoms cooling down and losing that excess energy as photons (light). However, the atoms have lost some of their electrons as well, and have turned into completely different atoms altogether; a kind of death and rebirth.

I think you're right to say that light and mass (atoms) do not have age. They do have lifespans, however. This is where time comes in. Time relates to gravity and kinetic energy (spinning of planets) much like mass relates to nuclear forces (strong and weak) and wave energy (light). To say that an atom's sub-particles spin at the speed of light would be like saying the Earth spins at the speed of light.

However, the Earth's gravity and magnetic field does distort the light (electromagnetic waves) that passes by it from our Sun. Gravity also distorts time, as it has been proven that our Moon, with less mass, has 1/6th Earth's gravity. Time also beats at a different rate on the Moon as well, relative to Earth.

Some of your ideas do have plausibility because we still have a limited understanding of our observations of all this. It does makes sense, however, that atoms may be bound in a self propagating time warp.

Luca wrote at 2015-05-11 20:13:48
Technically when you reach the speed of light, you get younger. Aging actually stops at an unknown speed, which is slower than the speed of light, or 299,792,458 m/s.

For this, I have devised a theory. My theory is that time itself has a set speed, which is constant and permanently weaved into the fabric of time-space.

I can help with understanding physics that does not involve eggs. I will NOT help with academic or professional questions, which are NOT limited only to homework. Please do not waste your time by asking a question that comes out of ANY kind of academic, professional, or business matters.

Have been fascinated by physical laws ever since I learned, at age seven, that magnets work under water. My study continued through college and has not ceased even after I retired.

B.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of California at Berkeley.M.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of Texas Austin.