Physics/Speed of baseball/bullet

taylor man wrote at 2014-03-14 03:30:55
Wrong, the speed of the increases as soon as it leaves the fingers and reaches maximum at some distance later since the pitcher throwing is like rubber band action.  This guarantees that the ball gets enough force to start acceleration.  Whoever can create the strongest rubber band action with their body muscles can achieve highest speed in the pitch.

I can help with understanding physics that does not involve eggs. I will NOT help with academic or professional questions, which are NOT limited only to homework. Please do not waste your time by asking a question that comes out of ANY kind of academic, professional, or business matters.

Have been fascinated by physical laws ever since I learned, at age seven, that magnets work under water. My study continued through college and has not ceased even after I retired.

B.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of California at Berkeley.M.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of Texas Austin.