Physics/More Centrip. Acc.

Question
QUESTION: More Centripetal  Acceleration

When you Google centripetal acceleration + density, nothing really shows up.

1.  Does centripetal acceleration depend on the density of the ball at the end of the string.

2.  If so, what density equation then equals   v squared / r  

Thanking you,
Brenda

ANSWER: Nope, nothing to do with it.

QUESTION: So a golf ball and a big styrofoam ball of equal weight have the same acceleration ?

Doesn't seem so ?

Thanks,
Brenda

ANSWER: Force, no, because the masses are different.  But don't confuse force with acceleration.  Acceleration in the same motion...absolutely.

QUESTION: Sorry you misunderstood,

A golf ball and a large styrofoam ball (of equal mass) being spun each on their own string via equal sources of energy,

they both have the same centripetal acceleration ?

If not then Density is in the equation.

;0)

Answer
I did not misunderstand at all.  Acceleration is the same for the same rate of speed, and you never mentioned energy before.  Energy you'd have to tell me how you're factoring that in.

Density is absolutely not a factor in acceleration, only rate of change of velocity.  That's it, it's a mathematical definition.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson