Physics/Magnets and EM radiation

wish i coud benefit from being here by asking you about (MAGNETS) does it effective to perform as a blocker against rf and microwaves signals. - by meaning - if i put a magnet in 200 METER SQUARE AREA does it capable of shield the area and prevent the rf and the microwave signals from entering it and reflect it away hope i could benefit from your experience . LOT OF THANKS , WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.

Magnetic fields have almost no effect on the transmission of any kind of electromagnetic radiation -- which includes both rf and microwaves. So placing magnets either in or around such an area would do nothing to keep out either kind of radiation.

Note, however, that simply placing a thin, metallic shield around such an area would accomplish all you would need to keep out such EM radiation.

I can help with understanding physics that does not involve eggs. I will NOT help with academic or professional questions, which are NOT limited only to homework. Please do not waste your time by asking a question that comes out of ANY kind of academic, professional, or business matters.

Have been fascinated by physical laws ever since I learned, at age seven, that magnets work under water. My study continued through college and has not ceased even after I retired.

B.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of California at Berkeley.M.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of Texas Austin.