Physics/Magnets and EM radiation

Question
wish i coud benefit from being here by asking you about (MAGNETS) does it effective to perform as a blocker against rf and microwaves signals. - by meaning - if i put a magnet in 200 METER SQUARE AREA does it capable of shield the area and prevent the rf and the microwave signals from entering it and reflect it away hope i could benefit from your experience . LOT OF THANKS , WAITING FOR YOUR REPLY.

Answer
Magnetic fields have almost no effect on the transmission of any kind of electromagnetic radiation -- which includes both rf and microwaves. So placing magnets either in or around such an area would do nothing to keep out either kind of radiation.

Note, however, that simply placing a thin, metallic shield around such an area would accomplish all you would need to keep out such EM radiation.

Physics

Expert