Physics/Verdet Constant

Question
what is the reason behind finding verdet constant in faraday rotation experiment?

Answer
I do not understand what you mean by "What is the reason behind finding" this constant.

You can do an experiment to measure how much Faraday Rotation occurs for a given distance of a given material in a given magnetic field. Once you have measured these you can, fairly easily, calculate the Verdet Constant of that material. It's no different that calculating the density of a material when you know the mass of a given volume of a material.

Physics

Expert