Physics/a Calculator

Hi   Steve,

re:  this

I desperately need an online calculator for Pendulum length and swing time that can also calculate units of swing time converted into circular  " Swing Distance "  so that I can always quickly obtain the swing  "Radius"  and prove that;

Pendulum length  /  Radius of swing circumference  =  Acceleration of Gravity.

Do you know where I can get one made ?

This is very important.

Thanks so much,

You don't need a claculator, and sorry...I just re-analyzed your problem as it was asked.  Even at small angles, a pendulum with such a short period would be only 10 cm long.  It would have to rotate 3 times per second, then reverse itself just to fit the problem parameters.

Sometimes problems are badly-posed.  This is one of those.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.