Physics/Giant Wheel User Experiences.

Giant Wheel
Giant Wheel  

Dear Prof James

The Giant Wheel moves in one direction i.e. Anticlockwise direction. The End Users sitting in the Giant Wheel experiences
some feeling right at the top when coming down.

What will be the User experience if the Giant Wheel is moved in the
Other Direction i.e Clockwise Motion ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

If the wheel moves in the opposite direction the gravitational acceleration will remain the same while the centripetal acceleration will be in the opposite direction. I don't honestly think that the sensation will be significantly different. Certainly the magnitude of the effect will be identical. Only the direction will change. If the original sensation was right to left the final sensation will be left to right.

James J. Kovalcin

I am teaching or have taught AP physics B and C [calculus based mechanics & electricity and magnetism] as well as Lab Physics for college bound students. I have a BS in Physics from the University of Pittsburgh and a Master of Arts in Teaching from same. I have been teaching physics for 34 years. I am constantly updating my skills and have a particular interest in modern physics topics.