Physics/Gravity

Question
Is the individual strength of the earth's gravity affected at all by its distance from the sun ?  Like does it increase or decrease according to its proximity to other larger bodies of gravity ?

Answer
Gravity has nothing to do with it, but the Sun has a magnetic field that interacts with the Earth's magnetic field every day.  It has more to do with coronal mass ejections that generally follow solar flares than just the direct magnetic field of the Sun itself, but it does affect the Earth.

Gravitation really has no direct interaction with the electromagnetic force, the two are unrelated except in extreme conditions like black holes...and we're not even remotely in the ballpark of such gravitation here in our little solar system.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson