Physics/physics, applied mathmatics

how can you find the acceleration of an object if you only have the mass of an object (Kg), force of friction (N), and the velocity of an object (m/s)?

Assuming that the only external force acting on the object is the force of friction Ff applying Newton's 2nd Law, the sum of the external forces SF will be equal to the product of the mass m and the resulting acceleration a:
Which in this case becomes:
Therefore the rate of acceleration a will be:
The resulting acceleration will be negative since the frictional force is acting in the direction opposite the original velocity.

James J. Kovalcin

I am teaching or have taught AP physics B and C [calculus based mechanics & electricity and magnetism] as well as Lab Physics for college bound students. I have a BS in Physics from the University of Pittsburgh and a Master of Arts in Teaching from same. I have been teaching physics for 34 years. I am constantly updating my skills and have a particular interest in modern physics topics.