Physics/physics, applied mathmatics

Question
how can you find the acceleration of an object if you only have the mass of an object (Kg), force of friction (N), and the velocity of an object (m/s)?

Answer
Assuming that the only external force acting on the object is the force of friction Ff applying Newton's 2nd Law, the sum of the external forces SF will be equal to the product of the mass m and the resulting acceleration a:
SF=m*a
Which in this case becomes:
Ff=m*a
Therefore the rate of acceleration a will be:
a=Ff/m
The resulting acceleration will be negative since the frictional force is acting in the direction opposite the original velocity.

Physics

James J. Kovalcin