Physics/Special relativity at speeds greater than light

Question
How does a person workout the equations of time dilation for situations of faster than light travel?please its puzzled me for years after my college

Answer
> How does a person workout the equations of time dilation for situations of faster than light travel?

The answer is simple, but perhaps a bit disappointing: you can't!
The equations for special relativity just DON'T WORK when v is greater than c.

Based on these equations, scientists have concluded that our Universe will not permit an object to start at a speed less than that of light, and then accelerate above that speed.

In the 107 years since these equations were developed, no experiment has ever shown them to be false.

Physics

Expert