Physics/Definition of matter

What is mean by matter? If anything that occupies space and volume then,electron is a matter or not?

To physicists, anything that has mass is matter. And anything that can resist a force contains mass.  Thus, for physicists, electrons are, indeed, matter.

> If anything that occupies space and volume

Interestingly, electrons, as best we can tell, are point-size particles. They do NOT occupy space and do not seem to have any shape or volume.

If your next question is, "Then how can electrons have mass if they occupy no space?", my only answer is that, in our Universe, electrons are just that way.

I can help with understanding physics that does not involve eggs. I will NOT help with academic or professional questions, which are NOT limited only to homework. Please do not waste your time by asking a question that comes out of ANY kind of academic, professional, or business matters.

Have been fascinated by physical laws ever since I learned, at age seven, that magnets work under water. My study continued through college and has not ceased even after I retired.

B.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of California at Berkeley.M.A. in Physics (with honors) from University of Texas Austin.