Physics/The Earth

Question
Is there a tool that is integral with the ground, stopped at guitar, is able to perceive the motion of the Earth, not perceptible by humans (on the basis of the same logic of seismographs that also perceive movements by us imperccettibili)? or it can be stated that are commit fixed position relative to the ground (and obviously we move relative to the sun)?

Answer
Hello Rosaria ,

I'm afraid some of your questions are difficult due to translation problems. (In English, a guitar is a musical instrument, in one example it could be played while a Spanish Flamenco dancer performs.) I assumed at first you were interested in the Earth's rotation on its axis, but since you mentioned seismographs, I am not sure which types of motion you are interested in. Therefore I will try to help with different types of motion. For each of the measurements that I discuss, the instrument should be in a fixed position relative to the ground.

If you are interested in the type of motion that a seismographs measures, the seismograph is the tool that is best suited for that.

For measurement of the Earth's rotation on its axis, the gyroscope is a good candidate. (Not all gyroscopes are suited for that. High sensitivity and low offset is required.) Another possibility is the type of telescope used for making astrological observations. The telescope would monitor the rotation by observing the stars. Such a telescope paired with a clock can measure time for a full rotation and therefore the angular rate could be calculated.

For measurement of the Earth's rotation around our Sun, a telescope making astrological observations is the only means that occurs to me.

I hope this helps,
Steve

Physics

Steve Johnson