Physics/About energy of fragments from nuclear reaction

How is the energy from nuclear reaction distributed between two daughter particles? Is there any isotopes of light element that can emit alpha particles with energy more than 1.2 MeV?

Light elements don't emit alpha particles, in general.  Unless they're ridiculously off of the line of stability or, in the cases like 10B or 6Li can react to neutron absorption and subsequently emit an alpha particle.  Energy from nuclear reactions is determined by conservation of momentum and energy.  Since almost every fission event (if you're talking about fission) is different, and involves multiple bodies in general, it's impossible to give you a simple answer to that question.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.