QUESTION: Why are bubbles formed when water flows speedily or forcefully?

ANSWER: Waves in the water form cavities.  Those cavities are supported by surface tension and filled with air, hence the bubbles.

QUESTION: Can you please explain this in more detail? Why are the bubbles formed white in colour?

The detailed physics is quite complex about the waves and formation of the bubbles themselves.  That part is the subject of books and well beyond the scope of this forum.  Bubbles themselves are white because they represent high refraction of all colors of light over a range of sizes, and when you combine all the colors in the very narrow spectrum of light human eyes can see it appears white.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.