Physics/About muon-catalysed fusion

Question
I have been doing some research about muon-catalysed fusion. It seems like getting a source of muon is what required for this method of fusion to be practical? So, can we use the muon from the cosmic to catalyst nuclear fusion. Since for every square meter on earth, 10000 muon will reach the earth's surface per minute, can we use that for fusion? This information comes from wikipedia.

Answer
That's per square meter per minute.  Yes, I have a student currently working on that actual issue by seeing if a giant Van de Graaf generator (random student project) can attract the negative muons that catalyze room-temperature fusion.  It's been done before, I head, but with muons created at a particle accelerator.  But that's not enough fusion events to create power, so for now it remains in the realm of science fiction.  :)

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson