I am having difficulty understanding what to do in this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

a) Draw a history graph at x=5.0 m for the wave shown below. Clearly mark your axes.
b) What is the speed of the point at x=5.0 m at t=4.5 seconds?

The wave referred to in the problem is attached as an image

a) Not quite sure what this means, sorry.
b) When this wave has advanced 4.5 seconds the time point 4.5sec will lie wn the diagonal part of the wave form. Since this is a displacement time graph, the slope of a displacement time graph is equal to the particle velocity. The slope of the diagonal line will be:
particle velocity=slope=rise/run=1m/1s=1m/s.

James J. Kovalcin

I am teaching or have taught AP physics B and C [calculus based mechanics & electricity and magnetism] as well as Lab Physics for college bound students. I have a BS in Physics from the University of Pittsburgh and a Master of Arts in Teaching from same. I have been teaching physics for 34 years. I am constantly updating my skills and have a particular interest in modern physics topics.