Physics/Wormholes

Question
I saw something on TV that suggested that if wormholes could be created they wouldn't be circular like a hole in a wall, but rather spherical. I was wondering how one explains how someone enters a spherical doorway, and if they need to enter it perfectly in the middle in order to end up directly where it is designed to lead to? Or what would happen if someone entered it from the opposite side?

Answer
The tidal forces of a wormhole would tear anything entering it to shreds, so the question is kind of moot.  The actual shape wouldn't be "spherical" or surface.  Space itself wouldn't even be straight in that region, so the shape is only really describable mathematically.  As far as I know, it's also impossible to enter extreme gravitational anomalies like wormholes from the wrong direction, since the space-like dimensions should become time-like (i.e. one-way) the way they become inside a black hole.  I'd have to do a little more research into such a specialty sub-field, but that's my understanding of it.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson