Physics/absorption of light in plane mirrors

Question
in a plane mirror the image is the same size as the object.and in a ordinary window pane of glass ( i.e a shop window) the image is the same size as the object but fainter because more light is absorbed.so my question is the absorption of light doesnt affect image formation.ie size and shape.why? is this because of the millions of photons in each light beam so there is still a massive a mount of light relfected even though osme have been absorbed.and have been told the accuracy of what you see in a plane mirror depends solely on the flatness of the reflective surface and light absorbed does not affect the image size.thank you.

Answer
Not really, most mirrors absorb more light because the light has to pass through the pane of glass twice.  However, intensity is not the same as size.  Geometry determines image size.  The direction they travel and the sheer number of them are unrelated.  Imagine them as individual photons making a pattern.  Might be less paint on the canvas, if it were a picture, but the canvas is the same size...

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson