Physics/a ball thrown

Question
A ball is thrown straight up with an initial velocity vi= 4.9m/s/ assume the acceleration due to gravity is g=9.8m/s^2 downward.

how long does it take to come back to its initial position?

t=1sec

what is the final velocity of the ball when it returns to the level from which it was thrown straight up.

vf=14.7m/s

Answer
THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A HOMEWORK QUESTION.  

I don't answer homework questions.

One of these two answers is wrong, due to a sign error.

You can find it, this isn't a "find the sign error in my homework" forum.

No, I'm not going to tell you which answer is right or where the obvious sign error is, but after teaching physics in some form or another for about 20 years I can tell you that I know exactly what you did wrong.  Now go find it.

(And, obviously, stop asking me homework questions.)

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson