Physics/clock slowing- followup

Question
QUESTION: Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I read that light is an electromagnetic wave. Hence, aren't the electrons more fundamental to light in determining the time? Has science discovered how electrons and sub-atomic particles came into existence?

Also you wrote that in case of worm holes, there is a remote possibility of travelling to past. Travelling to past would require the construction of previous events even to the atomic level, how would that ever be possible?

regards.

ANSWER: No, they are not.  It's the constant speed of light that's fundamental in determining time.  And no, we have not discovered how the universe came into existence (with everything in it), or why there's more matter than anti-matter in the universe...that's a question scientists are hard at work on right now.

When it comes to the time travel question, not really, a fundamental problem with traveling to the past with wormholes.  You cannot travel back in time to before the machine was created, so you're not really reconstructing things from nothing, but creating a tunnel through space and time that can allow you to transmit new information back to the past in a kind of loop.  The energy required could easily create new matter, no one truly understands physics on such an extreme level.

QUESTION: Hi,

Thanks for your reply. What is making light so unique that its speed determines time. Why light's speed is constant even when the object holding it is moving? Is there any explanation or it is just as it is that we have to accept..

Answer
The way that a changing electric field creates a magnetic field and vice-versa are fundamental properties of spacetime itself.  The measured properties of such fluctuating fields results mathematically in solutions with a defined wave speed in empty space.  That speed is the speed of light, and it does not depend on the motion of an observer.  This was the genius of Einstein, he recognized the fundamental truth in that solution, that the speed of light was the same for all observers.  It's hard to wrap your mind around, but many fundamentally true things are.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson