Physics/glass

Question
If our eyes could detect all wavelengths of light what would be the color of ordinary window glass ?

Or in other words, what wavelengths does window glass reflect ?

Answer
There are many, many types of glass, so there's probably a dizzying array of glass colors from down in the radio range to up in the UV.  You'd need an assortment of sensors and cameras in different wavelengths to tell for sure by measuring the reflection, absorption, and transmission of light through the glass you're talking about.  Pyrex (your measuring cup, borosilicate glass) will be different colors than basic SiO2 sand glass, for example.  It's really impossible to say without actually measuring it.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson