Physics/physics

Question
Have we, as a species, actually created anything or are we just manipulating and mixing what is already here?

Answer
Ummmmm...you're not coming across here.  Where do you draw the line?  I mean, I create things all the time in the laboratory and the energy equivalent of matter is the same.  We create elements which we do not find in nature but could via reactions not typically found in nature, tons of them in fact (plutonium being a good example).  What do you mean created anything and what do you mean by mixing and manipulating?  How else are we to create?  Just by wishing it?  We have fantastically complex machines and devices that create things not found in nature, but must ultimately be made of natural substances...we don't have any control over or understanding of something "supernatural" that you could consult a scientist on.  If you're looking for creation ex nihilo (out of nothing), then please consult a spiritual adviser.  

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson