What are the legal connections to the word, "scientist?" Does one need to be a full-time science researcher before they can legally call themselves a scientist, or require at least a doctorate, etc?

Also if wormholes are possible in theory, what if someone created basically the opposite of a wormhole. A region in which a short distance can be made into a much longer distance. In a sense creating a warehouse out of ones garage. lol.

There's no such legal definition.  There are plenty of people who practice science without a doctorate, maybe a bachelor's degree or master's degree.  But the term is so broad that it would be ridiculous to try to define it.  I, for example, and a physicist with a doctorate and a specialization in nuclear physics.  See, you have to be specific about what kind of scientist.  Could I solve a serious research problem in solid state physics?  Probably, but it would take enormous time/resources/research because I'm so rusty in that area.

The opposite of a wormhole wouldn't be stable at all, and I can't imagine a method to generate one by any means.  We'll have to wait for a verdict on whether or not antimatter behaves the same way as matter in a gravitational field to even have some theoretical basis for such a construct.  In any case, the tidal forces associated with the boundaries of a region of space like that would definitely make it almost impossible and certainly fatal to enter.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.