Physics/Black holes appearance

Question
Hello, I would like to know what would show that a black hole was moving farther away from you?

My specific wonders would be how light around the hole would act, how its shape would change, or if the black hole would start to reflect less and less light?

Thanks in advance from a curious and pondering teenager,

Billy

PS. It would be great to include web links so I can research further and as to where you got information to see if it is credible. :))

Answer
Black holes have accretion discs which are some of the brightest objects in the universe.  Those would exhibit a definite Doppler shift if the black hole were receding from you, very easy to measure precisely.  Black holes do not reflect light, they absorb it.  So research the Doppler shift and accretion disks, these are the things we use to observe black holes, not the black hole itself...in general gravitational lensing uses whole galaxies.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson