Physics/Will it ever be possible to travel back in time via a time machine to the year of 1914?

Question
Will it ever be possible to travel back in time via a time machine to e.g. the year of 1914?

Answer
No, most theories involving time travel postulate mechanisms which require the time machine to be built before the maximum date you could send someone or even some message back to.  Therefore, if we invented one today, you might be able to travel back to today from some point in the future.  That appears to be the true limit of time travel, barring the discovery of a looping wormhole or other natural phenomenon that has time travel inherently built into it.  In such a case, you wouldn't have a choice about when it sent you to.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson