Physics/quantum mechanics

sir, according to scientist schrodinger, that "moving mass particle is not equivalent to a single wave,but it is equivalent to a wave packets whose velocity is equal to the velocity of moving particle".my question is that what is wave packets? can we produce a single wave? and how?

It's impossible to create a perfectly monoenergetic wave, because nothing is perfect.  That's the only way to define the frequency precisely enough to create what you might call a "single wave."  A wave packet is just like it says, a wave made up of a collection of frequencies (i.e. without a perfectly defined energy).  This is a consequence of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle and cannot be avoided.  If the particle exists in a specific location, then it must have a spread of measurable energies.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.