Physics/quantum physics

Thank u sir, for replying my question. my another question- Acc. to heisenberg uncertainty principle microscopically it is not possible to exactly measure the position and momentum simultaneously. but we can find both simultaneously- acc. to schrodinger moving mass particle equal is not equivalent to a single wave, but it is equivalent to a wave packets whose velocity = velocity of moving particle. As we know that, momentum = velocity*mass.velocity can be find by schrodinger principle(as i specified above in my question). and same time we can find position by as per method of heisenberg.sir it may possible or not? can we find position of moving particle in wave packets?

No, we cannot find both simultaneously.  Schrodinger wrote a wave equation, not a principle, while on a ski vacation with his mistress (according to rumor).  And you're over-simplifying.  We can't find the position of a moving particle in wave packets *exactly* or its momentum *exactly.*  It has limits, prescribed by the uncertainty principle.  If I could draw you some diagrams on my whiteboard it would be easier, but we cannot find both simultaneously.  Take a good quantum mechanics course, you'll see.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.