Physics/Conversion Factors

Question

I'm working on a problem that requires me to find the empirical relationship between reactor temperature T('C) and the flowrate of the cooling water mC (L/s).

The flow rates/x values are   25, 40, 55, 70, 90

The temperatures/y values are 237, 138, 96, 73, 55

Plugging the numbers into excel and adding a power trend line gives me a formula of y = 9294.5x^(-1.141) with an R^2 value of 1. I'm supposed to convert the above formula so that it can be used with degrees Fahrenheit instead of degrees Celsius and gallons/second instead of L/s.

I have tried everything to get a formula where I could plug in the x value in gallons/per second to get the value of Fahrenheit and convert back to degrees Celsius to compare with the results of the above mentioned formula but I cannot find a single equation that works.

What am I doing wrong? I'd really appreciate some help with this. Thanks a million in advance.

Answer
Well, you could have just converted your data to degrees F and gallons/s and then run those numbers through excel.  
Since you have the equation y = Ax^B, I converted 25C to 77F and 70C to 158F and 237L/s to 62.63 gal/s and 73L/s to 19.29g/s and put those data in to get A = 77371 and B = -1.639.  

Physics

Richard J. Raridon