Physics/Time Generator

I was wondering how much time changes as one distances themselves from a source of gravity? I think they've shown that on earth one clock on top of another shows noticable differences in rate of time. I was thinking. Would there be a way to create a generator using this difference in time? Like a thermoelectrical generator uses the contrast between heat to make something spin? Or maybe something more like lift of wind under an air plane wing because the wind underneath is on a delay. Anything like that have potential?

They have shown that clocks in higher gravity run slower than clocks at lower gravitational potential.  The effect is very small unless you're talking about veeeery high gravity, like in a black hole, but enough that GPS devices must correct for it.  I can think of no way to construct a generator such as you discuss without violating the laws of thermodynamics, so in general it's nothing like a thermoelectrical generator.  The only possible way might be something my professor on general relativity discussed in grad school, it involved radioactive particles fired to near a black hole gaining energy and decaying, but it seemed ridiculous and I fail to see how to accomplish it.

Your notion of airplane lift seems to be very far off, by the way.  Airplane lift is due to the fact that particles in a connected fluid medium share energy evenly, and the faster they go over the top the more their momentum is along the plane of the wing and not random (particles banging randomly into the bottom of the wing cause pressure, lifting the plane).  Wings do not generate energy, they generate forces but energy is still conserved.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.