Physics/Whar it's not feasible to adjust a starting blocks to incline at90 degree?

Question
QUESTION: My teacher said it's because when sin90degree=1,the value reaches a maximam.But why is that?I dont get it

ANSWER: What kind of starting blocks?   Running or swimming?

QUESTION: Running.

Answer
It's totally possible to incline running starting blocks at 90 degrees.  That just means that all the force on a runner's feet from the blocks would be horizontal. The toes would have to bend at the ground to provide vertical force to support the runner, but there's no reason that running starting blocks can't be inclined at 90 degrees.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson