Physics/Whar it's not feasible to adjust a starting blocks to incline at90 degree?

QUESTION: My teacher said it's because when sin90degree=1,the value reaches a maximam.But why is that?I dont get it

ANSWER: What kind of starting blocks?   Running or swimming?

QUESTION: Running.

It's totally possible to incline running starting blocks at 90 degrees.  That just means that all the force on a runner's feet from the blocks would be horizontal. The toes would have to bend at the ground to provide vertical force to support the runner, but there's no reason that running starting blocks can't be inclined at 90 degrees.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.