Physics/boat/food ?

How does a boats engine differ if it's in the center or rear of the boat? EX: power, efficiency, etcc..

what can you use to test cooked foods at home for drugs, alchohol? w/ respect to threshold being under/over.

The first one is a simple question, there's not much difference.  There's a slight variation (depends on design) for impellers placed in the middle vs the rear of the boat, but in general I'd keep the impeller in the rear so as not to have high-speed water from going over the hull.

Your second question is completely different, and I'm not a chemist.  What kind of drugs?  Alcohol is easy, just drink and see if it's in there.  You should be able to taste it if it's significant.  There are bar kits that are made to help test for Rohypnol available on if you want to test for that.  Other home drug test kits might be fooled by the fact that they're not testing blood or something, I'm not sure why you would ever want to test food for them.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.