Physics/Nobel Prize - "Technology Innovation".

Dear Prof Steve‎

Nobel Prizes are given in the field of "Physics", "Chemistry", "Physiology/Medicine", "Literature", "Peace" Categories.

Do you feel a New Category can be introduced in "Technology Innovation" ?.

For examples :

Tim Berners Lee - Founder of World Wide Web
Dr Eric Schmidt - Founder of Google

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Nobel prizes are not given in many fields, like mathematics.  It's a very traditional foundation, and the introduction of new categories in the future is unlikely.  Whatever field you think might be introduced, it's not up to us.  It's up to the people at the Nobel committee, so the question is somewhat moot.

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson

I can answer most basic physics questions, physics questions about science fiction and everyday observations of physics, etc. I'm also usually good for science fair advice (I'm the regional science fair director). I do not answer homework problems. I will occasionally point out where a homework solution went wrong, though. I'm usually good at explaining odd observations that seem counterintuitive, energy science, nuclear physics, nuclear astrophysics, and alternative theories of physics are my specialties.

I was a physics professor at the University of Texas of the Permian Basin, research in nuclear technology and nuclear astrophysics. My travelling science show saw over 20,000 students of all ages. I taught physics, nuclear chemistry, radiation safety, vacuum technology, and answer tons of questions as I tour schools encouraging students to consider careers in science. I moved on to a non-academic job with more research just recently.

Ph. D. from Duke University in physics, research in nuclear astrophysics reactions, gamma-ray astronomy technology, and advanced nuclear reactors.