Physics/Nobel Prize - "Technology Innovation".

Question
Dear Prof Steve

http://www.nobelprize.org/‎

Nobel Prizes are given in the field of "Physics", "Chemistry", "Physiology/Medicine", "Literature", "Peace" Categories.

Do you feel a New Category can be introduced in "Technology Innovation" ?.

For examples :

Tim Berners Lee - Founder of World Wide Web
Dr Eric Schmidt - Founder of Google

etc

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Nobel prizes are not given in many fields, like mathematics.  It's a very traditional foundation, and the introduction of new categories in the future is unlikely.  Whatever field you think might be introduced, it's not up to us.  It's up to the people at the Nobel committee, so the question is somewhat moot.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson