Physics/Color Filters

Question
I was wondering how well we are able to create filters that can block out very specific ranges of wavelengths? Like if I wanted to block out all the wavelengths between red and green, and then another filter that blocks out all wavelengths between green and blue, and one for beyond blue. Could in theory someone create glasses that only pick up red, green, and blue, but no shades between?

Answer
Sure,. these already exist.  I mean, if you wanted a multi-bandpass filter that might be hard.  But go to thorlabs.com or any serious laser supplier and look at interference and bandpass filters.  The easiest way to do what you want might be to split up the light and create separate red, green, and blue beams, then recombine them.

Physics

Dr. Stephen O. Nelson