Physics/motion in straight line

Question
a body moving with uniform retardation covers 3 km before its speed is reduced to half of its initial value. it comes to rest t in another distance of?

Answer
Constant Acceleration
Constant Acceleration  
If you plot the velocity of this moving object as a function of time the resulting graph is  diagonal straight line with a negative slope. The area under a velocity time graph is equal to the displacement.
Since the acceleration is uniform the time to bring the object to rest will be same as the time to bring the velocity to one half its original value.
That means that the area between t=0s and t=t will be 3000m while the area between t=t and t=2t will be equal to 1000m!
Please see the attached graph.

Physics

James J. Kovalcin