Physics/How is quantum simultaneity compatible with relativity?

When an entangled particle "collapses", physics says that the other particle collapses simultaneously.

But that's non compatible with relativity, which says that simultaneity depends on the place and velocity of the observer.

So the question is:
- How can quantum disentanglement simultaneity be compatible with relativity? Do the entanglement state is dependent on the observer, in the mean that a pair of particles can be entangled for one observer and collapsed to other?
- What experiments fundament the answer? Is the answer only theoretical?

You have hit upon one area of physics which, as far as I know, confounds everyone! The simple fact is that quantum effects and special relativity have not yet been resolved. This is one paradox that continues to be an area of significant investigation. On the surface there seems to be significant conflict and until some breakthrough occurs we will have to just live with it. Most physicists do believe that eventually we will be able to bring these two aspects of physics together. Sorry I can't tell you that there is a known answer - perhaps this will be the next Noble Prize in physics.

James J. Kovalcin

I am teaching or have taught AP physics B and C [calculus based mechanics & electricity and magnetism] as well as Lab Physics for college bound students. I have a BS in Physics from the University of Pittsburgh and a Master of Arts in Teaching from same. I have been teaching physics for 34 years. I am constantly updating my skills and have a particular interest in modern physics topics.