Physics/Architecture and Physics by the Standard of Force

Question
To the extent of my knowledge, if a structurally supportive framework -which exists around the center of gravity of the floor it supports- with a total strength equally and symmetrically dispersed around the center of gravity, which is greater than the sum weight of all the forces multiplied by the acceleration of gravity, the framework will then support the forces of and on the floor, notwithstanding the location or direction of the forces.  Is this true?

Do all the gravitational forces on top of a cylinder travel to the cylinders center of gravity?  Do all the forces on top of a cylinder travel to the cylinders center of gravity?

Regarding the path of force through a building: is it in lines (not necessarily straight) connecting the dots which are the constituents center of gravity?

Answer
Hello Philip,

I suspect you made an error in your writeup. You said "sum weight of all the forces multiplied by the acceleration of gravity". Perhaps you meant to say "sum weight of all the masses multiplied by the acceleration of gravity", since multiplying mass times the acceleration of gravity (g) yields weight. The product of force and g does not yield a quantity that I know a physics use for.

Aside from that, I have trouble understanding the terminology and phraseology you used. Perhaps it is common in the study of architecture. You used the phrase "standard of force" in a way that made me suspect that it is a principle used in architecture. I couldn't find information about such a principle.

With the above substitution (mass for force) in your first paragraph, I think I agree with what that paragraph says. Regarding your 2nd and 3rd questions, I'm sorry, I just don't understand. Allexperts has an architecture category. I suggest that you try your question there. Here's a link:
http://www.allexperts.com/el/Architecture/

I hope this helps,
Steve

Physics

Steve Johnson