Physics/FOG

Question
Sir, I am making a project on corrosion test in which i want to test the specimen under the effect of fog.  For which i have choosen NaCl, failed to form fog. Please help me

Answer
NaCl is a solid unless the temperature and will not form a gas until,the temperature is extremely high. NaCl is a completely wrong choice here. Water, on the other hand can form a fog at even room temperature. Fog in this context is made up of minute water droplets large enough to scatter light as it passes through it but small enough to remain suspended in air.

Physics

James J. Kovalcin